Not too many people know his name, but Faiz Fazal is quite a well known face in Vidarbha Cricket circuit at domestic level. He made his first class debut in 2003 but it is only after a long 13-year he has finally got a berth in team India’s national ODI squad for West Indies tour and that too at an age of 30.
1) Fazal amassed 559 runs in 8 matches at this year’s Ranji trophy season making him leading run scorer in Ranji Trophy 2016. His batting average is 40 in first-class matches.
2) Fazal hit a magnificent 100 against India B at Deodhar Trophy and followed it up with another blistering knock of 127 while playing for Rest of India.
3) The elegant left handed opening batsman is known for his astute batting technique and ability to hit perfect cricketing shots.
4) Despite having enormous batting talents, yet the batsman didn’t get enough opportunity in IPL as yet. Faiz Fazal had played hardly 1 or 2 IPL matches in IPL 2011 and has never been picked by any team since then despite scoring fluently for Vidarbha.
5) This Nagpur-born-cricketer is married to Tarana in 2012 and the couple has a lovely child Rozina. Fazal’s wedding was attended by current ICC president Shashank Manohar and a few other famous cricketers as well.