“It’s a dead-end street if you sit around waiting for someone else to tell you you’re okay.” – Michael Pitt
It’s your life, and if you know what you want then why sit in hiding and let someone else figure who you are. Scream out and tell the world who you are, let them notice you. It sounds good, but can we do it? This question reflects our hesitance, our lack of faith in ourselves.
But think about it… You have to just declare yourself, yet you are not confident. If you cannot be confident about the body you are born with and about the mind you nurtured, then how can you be confident about other things?
Moreover, if you are not confident, then how can everyone else be confident about you? So it’s time to brace yourself up.
1. It’s your appearance and body language that talks first. So, be confident about your attire, your looks, and the artifacts.
2. Remember the 3Ps, always.
- Plan – layout how you are going to go about
- Prepare – be prepared
- Present – it’s time to show the world who you are.
3. Every genius was once told that they can’t do it. So if someone says that you can’t, don’t react but show them what your capabilities.
4. You would find it shocking that even Hrithik Roshan- the Greek God of Bollywood with exceptional dancing skills was told by doctors, way before his debut movie, never to dance or lift any heavy object in his life or even to bend down. But he defied every restriction. How could he do that? Just because he tricked his heart. He was hell bound to do it.
You can trick your heart easily. You know that we don’t even use 20% of our brain. Now imagine what we can do if start utilizing our mind power. So push your limits, because it’s your heart which is afraid of limits, but your mind doesn’t know any.
“If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” -Vincent Van Gogh
5. It’s instinctive to be afraid of consequences, but turn that negativity into positivity. Conquer your fear of result by fighting against all the odds.
“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” -Peter T. Mcintyre.
6. Know where your heart lies. Understand yourself to conquer the world.
“Know yourself and you will win all the battles.” -Sun Tzu
7. Be receptive. Start taking healthy criticism and respond to those by working on your flaws. Giving up is not an option. However, don’t pay heed to those unhealthy discouraging critics.
8. Instead of focusing on problems and how much big or small they are, try to find a smart solution to it.
9. Never let your hunger for knowledge satiate. Keep on feeding the fire with knowledge.
10. Understand your priorities. If you are present at one place, be there completely.
11. Don’t worry about next moment. Just enjoy the present.
12. Go on practicing, if not today but someday you will get it right.
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” -Dale Carnegie.
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” -Mark Victor Hansen.